14 Ways to Get Mentally Tough
- When you face a setback, think of it as a defining moment that will lead to a future accomplishment.
- When you encounter adversity, remember, the best don’t just face adversity; they embrace it, knowing it’s not a dead end but a detour to something greater and better.
- When you face negative people, know that the key to life is to stay positive in the face of negativity, not in the absence of it. After all, everyone will have to overcome negativity to define themselves and create their success.
- When you face the naysayer’s, remember the people who believed in you and spoke positive words to you.
- When you face critics, remember to tune them out and focus only on being the best you can be.
- When you fail, find the lesson in it, and then recall a time when you have succeeded.
- When you head into battle, visualize success.
- When you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future, instead focus your energy on the present moment. The now is where your power is the greatest.
- When you want to complain, instead identify a solution.
- When your own self-doubt crowds your mind, weed it and replace it with positive thoughts and positive self-talk.
- When you feel distracted, focus on your breathing, observe your surroundings, clear your mind, and get into The Zone. The Zone is not a random event. It can be created.
- When you feel alone, think of all the people who have helped you along the way and who love and support you now.
- When you are tired and drained, remember to never, never, never give up. Finish Strong in everything you do.
- When you’re in a high-pressure situation and the game is on the line, and everyone is watching you, remember to smile, have fun, and enjoy it. Life is short; you only live once. You have nothing to lose. Seize the moment.
In what ways will you choose to be mentally tough?
Reproduced with the kind permission of Jon Gordon from his new book “Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else”
All the best,
Founder & MD
Right International Insurance Headhunters