Head of Insurance & Surety Relations
Experience Required : 10 + years
Location : London
Salary : £ competitive
- Generate new client relations with banks, funds and other lender’s institution to raise fund for the Group.
- Manage a complex portfolio of accounts with multiple products including loan structuring and underwriting, trade finance, derivatives, surety and insurance.
- Review and advise together with Group COO, on operating, credit, general risk covers for the Group and advise on sufficiency, effectiveness and cost efficiency.
Surety and Bank Guarantees
- Liaise with underwriters, banks, funds and other financial institutions in order to assist the business in advance of contract signature in regard to negotiating bond texts and provisioning costs
- Create and maintain The Group’s insured and secured instruments portfolio
- Create and manage existing group relationships, managing credit providers with a full range of products for credit insurance, trade finance, Project finance and working capital solutions
- Act as interface between the business and insurer to make sure, where appropriate, that the best credit insurance coverage is in place, in accordance with compliance and geographic rules.
- Coordinate Credit Insurance on both the short-term cover and longer term single risk policies, from assessment of the risks to effective policy set up and monitoring of the risk and reporting requirements
- Provide both qualitative comments and economic assessment at bid phase to contribute to the Financial memo on those issues
- Responsible for all company insurances (e.g. property damage, business interruption, construction, cyber, transportation, public liability, product liability, environmental liability, employers’ liability, credit, crime, directors’ & officers’ liability, employment practices liability) and any associated tasks (e.g. risk assessments, renewal/tender negotiations, claims)
- Responsible for insurance due diligence in M&A, divestitures, projects and JV deals covering individual insurance requirements
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications with more than 10+ years’ experience, ideally underwriters, Banks in trade and Project finance, working capital, debt finance, or trade credit insurance or other related products
- Must possess deep specialisation in Insurance sectors and strong relationships with Bank’s CFO’s, Treasurers, Underwriters and Funds
- Strategic thinker who can identify opportunities for new products and wants to get intimately involved in building a growing business
- A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
- Capacity to work autonomously, define priorities and achieve results in order to effectively respond to evolving circumstances in real-time